Here are the quick and easy online networking tips I used today:
1. Subscribed to a blog concerned with my writing genre
2. E-mailed the creators of another relevant blog and commented on their site
3. Follow-up correspondence about guest writing on other sites
I also wrote up an official To-Do list and made it less daunting using a tried-and-true trick. Many of my overall tasks (example, Get Web Site) involve so many steps that the whole process looks impossible. So I set up an outline which looks something like this:
- Buy domain name
- Research other authors’ sites
- Ask my friend about helping with design
- Write content
- Get head shot for front page
Broken down into a hierarchy, I know exactly which things need to be done first and how many baby steps are involved in each big step. This somehow made things easier to swallow.
Happy writing all!